Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Also, I wanted to show you what else I've been working on (besides Arae's kit!):
Yarn: excellent Hufflepuff yarn from Ellie at crazy4dyeing.etsy.com that my spoiler, Elladora, sent as an early gift!
Needles: a sad, sad story...I was using lovely Sox Stix from Lantern Moon that I received in HSKS4, but alas - I snapped one right in half on the plane ride home from California last weekend so now I'm using half Sox Stix and half random size 1's from my stash.
Lovely yarn and I love this pattern - it's so not-fussy and relaxing!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
1. Who was Tom Riddle Sr.'s girlfriend before Merope gave him the love potion?
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
a. 10 galleons
b. 8 galleons
c. 15 galleons
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
a. Charms Club
b. Gobstones Club
c. The Slug Club
d. Occlumency Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
a. Ambrosius Flume
b. Dirk Cresswell
c. Ciceron Harkiss
d. Barnabas Cuffe
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
b. Aunt Ethel
c. Aunt Edna
d. Aunt Thelma
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
a. The Most Extraordinary Society of Charms
b. The Most Extraordinary Society of Herbology
c. The Most Extraordinary Society of the Defense Against the Dark Arts
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
a. The antidote for blended poison will be equal to less than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separate components
b. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to less than the product of the antidotes for each of the separate compenents
c. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the product of the antidotes for each of the separate compenents
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separtea components
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Back next Sunday - everyone have a great week!
Monday, November 3, 2008
1. Favorite magical creature: I think centaurs are awesome. Mighty and proud, and so, so smart.
2. Favorite charm, spell or curse: Accio! Because who wants to get up from their cozy spot when they've dropped a knitting needle and it rolls under the couch?
3. Favorite holiday tradition: We do the Italian "Feast of the Seven Fishes" on Christmas Eve. I don't even eat half of them but the family gets all worked up for it, so it's a lot of fun.
4. Favorite fiber-based FO: I am still absolutely in love with the very first Baby Surprise Jacket that I ever made, you can see it in my Projects on Ravelry (I'm 'redheadknits'). I used two strands of sock yarn held together and it just gave it the coolest, textured look for my little buddy, Elliott. He looks adorable in it! I have another that needs starting ASAP for my new little homegirl, Evelyn, and I better get going - she was born last Wednesday!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
"Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than for being right."
Bonus #1: Bill Weasley (after being bitten by Fenrir Grayback)
Bonus #2: Well, Slughorn had the antidote to the love potion and gave it to Ron, but then, he accidently poisoned him again, so Harry had to use the bezoar.
Have a great weekend, fellow Gryfs! I'll be working on my swappee's kit! ROAR!
Friday, October 17, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
c. Pumpkin Juice
d. Elf-Made Wine
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
a. Gwenog Smith
b. Gwenog Jones
c. Glen Jones
d. Glen Smith
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
a. Cockroach Clusters
b. Sherbet Lemon
c. Acid Pops
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
b. Blast Ended Skrewt
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
c. Royal Blue
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
a. 9 Galleons
b. 18 Galleons
c. 16 Galleons
d. 12 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
PS: Just want to say, I don't miss posting the pictures!
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. Venomous tentacula
2. A patronus
3. Horace Slughorn
4. An acromantula
5. Katie Bell
7. Draught of the living death = wormwood, asphodel, valerian roots, and one sopophorus bean, crushed with the flat side of a silver dagger.
BONUS: Who is RAB? Regulus A. Black, Sirius' brother and an infamous Deatheater.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
What yarn shop did Henry Longstaff shop at for yarn? Mrs. Mac’s
Who is the HSKS6 SPEW coordinator? Clidonia Acromantula
Which Gryff student just returned from London? Lady Felula The Forgetful (lucky!)
Which Gryffindor has cats named after the muggle rock band, The Ramones? Dagmara Grindelwald
What is your favorite childhood television program (Magic or Muggle)? The Dukes of Hazard (yep, I'm a cheeseball, I learned it at a young age!)
What is your favorite adult television program (Magic or Muggle)? 24, The Office, and Lost
Which travel destination did you last visit? Just got back from Naples, FL.
What was your last finished object (FO)? Green Dream Swatch headwrap
How many project(s) planned for holiday gifts? None, really - I just see what's on the needles and what I think would be good for a gift. And maybe a hat for my husband.
Who is the mother of Half Blood Prince? Elieen Prince
Which Weasley became engaged in Book 6 (Half Blood Prince)? Bill
What is the result of a Sectumsempra curse? It cuts the target of the curse.
Who used a Bezoar to reverse poisoning? Harry used it on Ron.
Also, I wanted to share some pics of the awesome pre-package presents my wonderful spoiler, Elladora Madley, sent me - she is so great! The yellow and grey is 440 yards of Hufflepuff House Colors Slendersock from Ellie at crazy4dyeing.etsy.com and it included some lovely Snitch Wing stitch markers! And the lovely bluish-purplish-brownins-grayish yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in dyelot 7386 (no color name that I can find printed on the label, sorry)
Thanks so much, Elladora! You are the best spoiler EVER!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
a. Hestia Jones
b. Elphais Doge
c. Emmeline Vance
d. Dedalus Diggle
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
d. 11 a.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
b. A bed
c. A table
d. A wardrobe
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
b. P – Poor
c. O – Outstanding
d. A – Acceptable
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister's Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
a. A hen
b. A duck
c. A lion
d. A squirrel
7. What is Professor Sprout's first name?
8. What is Dumbledore's idea of 'a few words'?
a. nitwit, odder, blubber rand tweak
b. nitwit, odder, bubblegum and tweak
c. nitwit, oddment, bubblegum and tweak
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby's famous uncle?
10. What is Snape's mother's name?
a. Helana Prince
b. Eileen Prince
c. Lily Prince
d. Elizabeth Prince
Monday, September 15, 2008
Rav ID: redheadknits
I am allergic to: nothing
Pets that I have: two cats
My favorite yarn: don't have a favorite, i love it all, esp. natural fibers
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors? not this term
My favorite flavor: coffee, chocolate, mint, and potato chip :)
My favorite holiday: thanksgiving
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) sock kit!
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: love knitpicks metal DPNs
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: not really, would love some small circs (US0-3)
I've participated in HSKS: this is my third term - i was a ravie first, and last term, a 'puff
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day? i can't recall when the swap ends, so maybe - it's January 27th
Friday, September 12, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
This term was great, Lav is a fabulous prefect and I've made some great connections. Not to mention, I was SPOILED! Thanks to everyone who made it fun -- I'm going to have to sit out next term because of some major things going on IRL, but I'll definitely be back in the hopefully-near future!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid's Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermione are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermione are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or false?
p 386 - "Harry actually pulled in his stomach as she walked by"
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer's portrait at St. Mungo's hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
Picture Scavenger Hunt:
Extra 5 pts - What movie will Robert Patterson star in this December?
Monday, July 14, 2008
Thursday, July 10, 2008
I think you can really see the stitches clearly using this yarn.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
A chimaera is a creature with a lion’s head, a goat’s body, and a dragon’s tail. They are vicious and dangerous.
2) Name 3 of the 4 breeds of Winged Horses.
Abraxan, Aethonan, Granian
3) What are Yeti afraid of?
4) How does a wizard rid a farm of a Nogtail?
Nogtails can be chased off by a pure white dog.
5) Why are Fwoopers sold with a silencing charm?
Its song will drive the listener insane.
6) Where are Erklings found?
Erklings are native to Germany.
7) Name the only spell known to repel a Lethifold.(Bonus if you can name the wizard who survived a Lethifold attack)
The Patronus Charm is the only known defense against a Lethifold. This was discovered by Flavius Belby, the only known survivor of a Lethifold attack.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Yarn: Reynolds Soft Sea Wool in Black.
The yarn is lovely to work with, but doesn't really highlight the cool long stitches. What do you think?
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
What Is Your Patronus Charm?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Owl Patronus|
Although it took a bit of work, you managed to produce a wise Owl Patronus! Exceptionally intelligent and unbelievably clever, you are by far a genuine person with a mind filled with brilliance and the potential for great things. You generally keep to yourself, but you have a lot going on inside of your head. Any way, you are a wonderful and useful friend. Now go kick some dementor butt!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
I knew something was up when the package arrived because the cats simply wouldn't leave it's side...
Now I understand why! The first thing we (me and my cat Cleo) saw was a pack of catnip and two handknit "eggrolls" stuffed with the good stuff!!
She's a happy, happy girl...look, she's even smiling!
Check out this kit! UNREAL!!!
Awesome house scarf!!
Two skeins of black sock yarn, one of yellow (480 yds!), and one in my absolute favorite color in the world!!! Also, a great resource for me because she must telepathically know I am the worst lace knitter ever - First Book of Modern Lace Knitting by Marianne Kinzel. She also included some handmade soap and a little 'Puff yellow handmade felted bag with wooden handles!!!
Let's see what's in this adorable little bag:
Awesome DPN needles in 2.5 mm and house stitch markers!! LOVE THESE!!!
Thank you so much, Fiera!! You really know how to spoil someone!!!