Thursday, February 28, 2008
2. If the spell to Apparate goes wrong and leaves half of you behind, you have been what?
3. Who wrote the Standard Books of Spells Grades 1 and 2?
4. What is it called when brother wands meet?
Priori Incantatem, or the Reverse Spell effect
5. Name the charm used by Ludo at the World Cup to amplify his voice.
6. For what is the charm Aparecium used?
To make invisible ink appear/become visible
7. What charm requires the use of a Secret-Keeper?
8. What color should the Strengthening Potion be?
Clear Turquoise (OoP, Chapter 15)
9. What plants are used in preparing a confusing potion?
Confusing and Beffudlement Draught? Scurvy-grass, lovage, and sneezewort
10. What condition is cured by Glumbumble?
Hysteria caused by eating Alihotsy
11. What potion makes a werewolf safe so he can keep his mind when he transforms, and what substance makes it useless?
Wolfsbane Potion, negated by Sugar
12. When does Fluxweed, an ingredient used in making Polyjuice Potion, have to be picked?
At the full moon
13. What color should a Shrinking Solution be?
Bright acid green
14. What potion is made from asphodel and wormwood?
Draught of Living Death
15. For what are Jobberknoll feathers used?
Memory Potions and Truth Serums
Friday, February 22, 2008
Stitch Markers? Check!
Pattern? Um, almost decided, just down to final deliberations.
Needles? I was hoping for a hint (a hint, Lily, a HINT!) but I can always fall back on my own favorites to send.
And some extra goodies? Check!
I'm getting excited!
This week I'm off to a field trip to observe muggles at the beach for my Muggle Studies class -- I'm heading west, to San Diego, one of my favorite places on the planet, muggle-populated or not! Leaving early Tuesday, back late, late Friday night. How I'll ever catch up on my homework I'll never figure out...
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
2. When Harry arrives at the Burrow and Mrs. Weasley makes them all dinner the night before they leave for the Quidditch World Cup, what does her wand turn into?
a. rubber mouse
b. rubber chicken
c. rubber duck
d. rubber cat
3. Since some of the sixth-year girls didn't have any quills on them, what did they think Krum might sign their hats in?
a. nail polish
4. How old does the Quick Quotes Quill say that Rita Skeeter is?
5. What color cloak is wormtail wearing in the Riddle house?
a. Grey (Gray)
6. What color is "Mad Eye" Moody's magical eye?
7. What color are the robes that Rita Skeeter was wearing when Harry meets her at the Weighing of the Wands ceremony?
8. What does Sirius Black tell Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him when speaking around anyone else?
9. Which team beat Wales, disqualifying them from competing for the Quidditch World Cup?
10. What does Madame Maxime say is the only thing her steeds will drink?
a. cabernet sauvignon
c. single-malt whiskey
d. gin and tonics
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
1. What is Professor McGonnagall's first name?
2. Who is the librarian of Hogwarts?
3. What is Madam Rosmerta's job?
Proprietress of the Three Broomsticks tavern in Hogsmeade
4. What is Rita Skeeter's secret?
She's an animagus - a beetle
5. Madam Hooch is instructor of what subject?
Madame Hooch teaches Flying and is quidditch coach, of course.
6. Who is Parvati Patil's best friend?
:::sticking out tongue because clearly she needs to leave Ron alone!:::
7. What Quidditch position does Cho Chang play?
Our Ravenclaw sister is the Seeker - GO RAVENCLAW!
8. What is the name of Fleur Delacour's little sister?
9. Who is professor of Divination?
Firenze and Professor Trelawny (extra credit for two answers?? no??...)
10. Who wrote "A History of Magic"?
Friday, February 8, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as Hermione Granger |
You're one intelligent witch, but you have a hard time believing it and require constant reassurance. You are a very supportive friend who would do anything and everything to help her friends out.