Thursday, January 31, 2008
a. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Dumbledore
b. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill him
c. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Sirius
d. Voldemort and Wormtail plotting to kill Cornelius Fudge
2. What is the problem with leprechaun gold?
a. It vanishes after a few hours
b. It vanishes after a few weeks
c. It's only good in Ireland
d. It enchants you and makes you forget everything else
3. Why did Mad-Eye Moody turn Malfoy into a ferret?
a. Malfoy had said something rude about Mad-Eye
b. He was teaching him 'constant vigilance'
c. Malfoy attached Harry when Harry's back was turned
d. He hated Malfoy's father
4. Sirius warns Harry to be careful around Karkaroff because he had been a Death Eater. Which one of the professors at Hogwarts, who also used to be a Death Eater, is frequently bothered by Karkaroff? (Answer is One Word, Last Name Only)
5. Voldemort could have used the blood from any foe to make the potion that revived him work, but he held out for Harry's blood. Why?
a. To show that Dumbledore could not protect Harry
b. To prove that Harry could not apparate
c. The special protection Harry received from his mother would also pass to Voldemort
d. Simply because he hated Harry that much
6. How old would Frank have been on his next birthday?
7. Amos Diggory works for?
a. The Department of Mysteries
b. The Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures
c. The Goblin Liaison Office
d. The Committee of Experimental Charms
8. Who shared a carriage with the three friends on the way from the train to Hogwarts? Answer: (One Word)
9. What date in October did the delegates from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrive?
10. What color were Percy's dress robes at the Yule Ball?
a. Navy Blue
c. Emerald Green
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
PS: Say it ain't so...Ravenclaws are last in the house cup contest?! How very...un-Raven-like! We've got to rectify this, so I say we get some Quidditch practice in before the game starts on Wednesday - who's with me?!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
1. RWIDZTAIR UANONETRMT: Triwizard Tournament
2. NRNAGIHAU RAHNIOTL: Hungarian Horntail (this one nearly did me in!)
3. AEEMDY ONYOME: Mad-Eye Mooney
4. ARTI KEESTRE: Rita Skeeter
5. ELSAUAEPBNKS: Unspeakables
6. ULSFENFS: Snuffles
7. NEPSVEIE: Pensieve
8. RMUEIIPS: Imperius
9. TREUEEBTBR: Butterbeer
10. ROFELIBT: Firebolt
Hope I got them all! Now, I can focus on my classwork!
PS: I got an owl yesterday that was holding this:
1. RWIDZTAIR UANONETRMT
2. NRNAGIHAU RAHNIOTL
3. AEEMDY ONYOME
4. ARTI KEESTRE
I'll be thinking about these while I'm in class today, for sure!
Friday, January 18, 2008
I haven't done much knitting at all, but I am hopefully going to be able to carve out some time this weekend to finish a few things up. My lucky spoilee is going to be so excited with what I was able to get to this week -- her stitch markers!! I never knew working with pliers could be so much fun! I know, I could have used my wand, but I wanted them to have a real "hand-made" kinda feel. I can't wait until she sees them, I hope she likes them!
I think it's time I took a study break - I've got the final toe on a pair of socks that I should finish - I lurve knitting socks and I think they'll look great with my robes. Have a great weekend, all.
PS: What's with all the canaries around here lately?
PSPS: Our prefect said we should definitely check our secret emails every day -- I'm so excited! Something great must be awaiting us!!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Avada Finch-Fletchley: Phoenix
Cassandra Hopkirk: Eagle
Minerva Kwikspell: Eagle
Patonga Pinkstone: Tiger
2. Who attended the first meeting of the Ravenclaw Knitting Club?
Elanor Cadogan, Gabriella Clearwater, Fleur Lovegoods, Esmerelda Beanswallow, Cassandra Hopkirk, Serafina Starfire, Mafalda Ackerley, Allitrya Spelling, Millicent Brocklehurst, Minerva Kwikspell and Enid Black (and, sadly, not me).
3. Name the housemate who likes to knit with peacock feathers.
Ooh, ooh – I know this! Fleur!
4. Name the Ravenclaw who spent the New Year at Hogwart's Costume Ball.
5. Which Ravenclaw got the first howler?
6. Name 5 different types of wood used in the wands of Ravenclaws and name the housemate having that wand.
Birch – ME!
Maple – Esmerelda Beanswallow
Holly – Cassandra Hopkirk
Hawthorn – Elanor Cadogan
Oak – Selina Starflame
7. Who accidentally ate a toenail flavored Every Flavor Bean?
Poor Serafina Starfire!
8. Who cast a noise dampening spell before going to bed and then overslept?
9. Besides the HSKS4 blog, on what blog will you find the Ravenclaw Anthem?
10. Which housemate has a Muggle cellular phone?
Monday, January 14, 2008
|Wood type: birch|
Length: 11 inches
Core: Phoenix Feather
Click here if you need one!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
"Your patronus is an Eagle. Eagles are thought to be the divine spirit, ruler of the skies. They symbolize power, courage and guidance. They are associated with prosperity, success, and wealth. Eagles are brave warriors who fight to the death. They are persistent and stubborn. With keen endurance, strength and valor, Eagles are tough adversaries."
So I've got that going for me. Could be worse, like a frog or a newt or something. Take the quiz here.